High school season is determined by each school. Divers may choose to participate in training prior to the school’s actual season.
School Responsibilities -
Each individual school is responsible for having a sponsor/coach who oversees the diver from the perspective of the school and state. The sponsor takes the athlete’s physical form and ensures that the diver is in compliance with all state regulations regarding participation in a varsity sport. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for interpretation of state and national high school rules with regards to
participation with Port City and high school events.
2. Must be present at all meets where their divers are in competition, representing
3. All entry and transportation arrangements (through the school or association)
4. All requirements for competition. including those not set by the AHSAA
(e.g. number of practices to be attended for inclusion into championship meets)
and keeping all records pertaining to the requirements set out for the team.
5. Taping and submission of video for High School All American qualification.
(usually done at the H.S. State championship)
The Port City dive coach (trainer prior to season) is responsible for the following
1. All practices attended at Bishop State or other designated practice site
2. Ensuring that all divers are aware of diving requirements for high school season
3. Making the school sponsor aware of any divers that are not prepared for season
despite participation in practices
4. All dive sheets for duel and championship meets
5. Information on strength and exercises to improve performance will be provided
(it will be the divers responsibility to follow up these things outside of practice)
Fees: 2015 Fall fees page